I left my heart in Yangshuo

Friday, September 27, 2013

I had a four day vacation to Yangshuo this past week, which turned into a 6 day vacation because there was no form of transportation for 2 days because of Typhoon Usagi.
 ( My heart and prayers go out to the family and friends of the 20 people lost to it)







we took a hike up to moon hill, where there were some insane rock climbers, it looked like a blast.








took an hour long cab ride to a village called XingPing, and from there we took a little ferry across the Li river and hiked until we found this amazing monastery, built into a cave. One of the more spectacular experiences of this trip.













funny old man offered me a hand rolled cigarette on the ferry ride back. nice guy.








this is the cute hostel we stayed at in Xingping






took a 3 hour bamboo raft down the Li river to get from Xingping back to Yangshuo


GUILIN RICE TERRACES. The most incredible, breathtaking thing.















quick story behind this photo: We rented motor scooters for a day, and as I was on my way to moon hill, I got in an accident ( NOT MY FAULT, really. ask Talia, she was watching) anyway, the other guy was fine, I had hit my head and was SO LUCKY to be wearing a helmet, I thought I was fine and 3 days later my swollen cheek bone had turned into a gnarly black eye and I had to go to the hospital and get a CT scan, and to my relief- NO fractured skull. Just a rad looking battle wound.


waiting at the hospital, a little sketched out.



'kissy fish spa'





1 comment:

  1. Kaya, your photos are always so amazing. National Geographic would be lucky to have you. I love you. You are the most amazing person I know.

    ReplyDelete